Friday, February 19, 2010

100219- A joke

.....This post is in fact the fiftieth consecutive day I have posted a joke or humorous observation. Although I had to resort to recycled material yesterday, I'm sort of proud (and surprised) that so much of it has been original up until now. I feel like celebrating but I'm not sure what's appropriate for a fifty day anniversary. I know fifty years is gold, twenty-five years is silver, tenth is tin, ...fifth is wood, I think, ...first is ...paper? isn't that the same as wood, though? Thirty- seventh is anthracite, I'm pretty sure. Sixty-second is cottage cheese. Eighteenth is boron. Actually, it might be boron or cobalt, I'm a little fuzzy on that. Twenty-ninth is traditionally a live heron but in modern times most people just go for any kind of wading bird. Forty-fourth is foreboding, you know, like in the poem. Um... fifty days ...geez, I feel like I should be getting you something but for the life of me I can't remember what the proper... oh, wait a minute... uh,... yeah, here you go. I just remembered that the commemoration for fifty days is a lint-covered mint. That must have been why I had one in my pocket just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment